3 Surefire Techniques on How to Increase Your Sales
1 – Find More Customers
How to increase your sales is the the first thing that comes to mind when we think of making more money. We assume this is done by getting more customers through our doors. In fact, the majority of advertising focuses on doing just that. There are several things you can do to entice more customers to buy from you.
- Implement Follow-Ups – Follow ups can increase your customer conversion rates by as much as 50%. Now, that’s a whopping improvement! Don’t let potential customers fade away. Keep the doors for future communication open, and watch the drastic growth in your profits.
- Encourage Referrals – Every satisfied customer will tell 3 friends or family members about your business – without encouragement. Imagine what would happen if you start rewarding their efforts.
- Get Free Publicity – Nearly everyone keeps a sharp eye on the local news. Find ways to make your business newsworthy and catch the attention of potential customers without even paying advertising fees.
2 – Sell More Per Customer to Increase Value Per Customer
Think about it… how can you get every customer that walks through your doors to spend more money before walking back out the doors?
- Increase your prices. – It may not be as bad as you think. Along with the price increase, focus on increasing the perceived value of your product. We all expect to pay a little more for high quality products and services. Remember, not everyone is bent on finding the absolute cheapest price in town… they may be more interested in lasting quality.
- Add higher end products or services – It’s never wise to put all of your eggs in one basket. That’s why it is important to diversify your products and services. Think of it this way… higher priced products may not make as many sales, but each sale will bring in a much greater profit. You don’t need to make as many sales to come out on the best end of the deal.
- Upsell – Offer every customer an additional product that accents his current purchase at the register. Hey, maybe they forgot they’d need batteries to go with the toy they’re getting for their niece’s birthday gift! You can be a hero… a richer hero.
3 – Sell More Often to Increase Sales
The fact that it’s easier to sell to the people who know and trust you is obvious. Sometimes we get so focused on new customers that we miss the gold mine in our own backyard. Take advantage of the hard work you’ve invested in winning the loyal customers you already have with these ideas:
- Create a Special Deal – Show your customers you appreciate them and understand their needs with a special offer catered just for them. You’ll be thanking them, and selling more in the process.
- Add New Products – Increase the number of products you already have available – especially products that your customers have asked for.
- Communicate – Resell yourself on a regular basis. Don’t forget to let them know about upcoming specials that they’ll appreciate. Most of all… keep selling them on the benefits of the products or services you offer.